The Hardee County Building Department performs a variety of services to protect, maintain, and develop an attractive, safe, and healthy community. Primary functions address property development and land use activities within the Town.


Hardee County Building Department

401 W Main St
Wauchula, FL 3387
Phone: (863 ) 773-3236
Fax: (863) 767-0360

Frequently Asked Building Questions

What is the permitting process?

You will have to submit a permit sign off form to the Town of Zolfo Springs for approval, then you will take that form to the Hardee County Building Dept and fill our your permit application. The Hardee County Building Dept will advise you of any requirements and permit fees.
You will need a set of plans with you along with your energy/wind load forms (wind load & energy efficiency on windows, doors, appliances, etc.).

What types of construction require a permit?

Any building, plumbing or electrical construction needs a permit. You do not need a permit for replacing carpet, tile, cabinets, or sinks. You also do not need a permit to erect a fence, as long as it is on your property.

Do I need a permit for temporary structures?

Yes - temporary structures require permits.

Who do I contact about getting a permit?

The Zolfo Springs Code Enforcer or the Hardee County Building Dept.

How long does it take to receive approval?

Typically, you can receive an approved sign off from the Town within 24 to 48 hours.
The time line for the final approval from the Hardee County Building department varies depending on the size and/or type of project. For larger or unusual projects, the review process will take longer.

Zolfo Logo